Job Posting August 25, 2021
Director of Product Management
As the Director of Product Management, you will lead the vision for our many automation products and their evolution that will power the growth of our business. You will recruit and develop world-class talent by coaching, managing and mentoring a team of product professionals.
Working closely with Users as well the Engineering, Design and Data squads, your team will guide both the product strategy and execution that will evolve the products over time. You’ll represent our product team to our highest-profile clients and their leadership teams while establishing and monitoring customer and product success metrics.
You are a seasoned product leader, with experience managing and growing teams of product managers and analysts. You understand the challenges inherent in leading product organizations especially in the enterprise SaaS domain. You have real experience working with complex enterprise customers and systems; you understand their personas and challenges and feel comfortable talking directly to senior customer stakeholders to better understand their needs. You can operate independently, owning complex business problems from start to resolution, and know how to work across teams and influence peers and senior coworkers to achieve your team’s objectives. You are comfortable working in a growing business while moving quickly and making sound decisions with incomplete information. When you encounter gaps in process you take the lead in defining a better path for the future. You’re comfortable with and know when it’s necessarily to roll up your sleeves and participate directly in the details of building Gateless’ amazing products.
The Director of Product Management will work closely with all other parts of the organization to develop a coherent, well-integrated suite with unique value in the market. You will connect you directly with customers to ensure their input is driving the product forward. Additionally, connecting the customer input, vendor offerings and product data you will be focused on results. You will work extensively with engineering and the leadership team to ensure the vision for your products is realized, and that your team is primed for success.
- Manage and develop a quickly-growing team of talented product professionals by recruiting, nurturing and retaining best-in-class talent — all within the context of a quickly scaling business where roles and process will need to be defined by you
- Manage a team at different stages of development. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating product managers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
- Influence and compellingly communicate the vision to a wide variety of key stakeholders while building strong partnerships across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, Professional Services, Sales and Marketing
- Represent the product team in conversations with clients, including executive-level stakeholders are our largest clients
- Solve complex product problems in a sophisticated enterprise SaaS solution with a variety of client workloads and personas running on it
- Support high-level product strategy, ensuring we’re asking the right questions and solving for distinct needs
- Find opportunities for new products/features and validate assumptions through user testing and research
- Work closely with Design and Engineering to deliver stunning and effective work, quickly, properly scoped and at a high level of quality
- Work with engineers and QA to deliver polished final product
- Ensure effective processes exist for the product management team and lead efforts to close process gaps when they exist
- Managed an entire product lifecycle from concept to release
- 7+ years of experience in software product management or related fields
- 5+ years of experience leading teams
- Excel at both written and spoken communication
- A strong passion for managing and mentoring product managers, developing their skills and careers
- Deep understanding of digital product best practices and agile methodology
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Power drive a shared understanding in order to influence others and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- You can find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, but interesting work
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product
We're glad you're interested in working at Gateless.