Job Posting September 22, 2021
Senior Data Engineer – Analytics Platform
At Gateless, we know the only way to become the best company in any industry, is by having the best people on your team.
Gateless assists lenders to unblock their underwriting bottleneck at scale. This is accomplished through a revolutionary and proven approach that will put an end to stagnate mortgage software and antiquated time-consuming processes.
Our safe and secure world-class solution marries our expert knowledge of the industry and our human ingenuity, with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
We believe that open communication and effective teamwork can happen regardless of where you sit, and we’ll provide you with tools to make sure that happens.
So what do we want from you?
- We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer who wants to build the back end for a brand new, cloud-native, modern analytics platform using the very best technologies, architecture patterns and design practices.
- You will setup, operate, monitor, and troubleshoot loading data into the warehouse from a variety of sources in a variety of formats, including streaming and event based.
- You will parse, compare, and transform data in the warehouse using SQL stored procedures.
- You will create database views and tables for reporting consumption.
- You will setup and maintain processes for integration into other applications.
- Work closely with team members and cross teams to ensure smooth data handling.
- Be able to communicate well with technical and business stakeholders around complex industry and technology topics.
- Foster an agile culture focused on delivering small vertical slices of software and gathering customer and stakeholder feedback.
- Willingness to dive in and learn our complex business domain. We can’t revolutionize it if you don’t understand it.
What you’ll bring to the table.
- A minimum of 7 years of development experience working in complex, data intensive environments using SQL, Python, Scala or similar.
- Very strong SQL skills and hands-on experience in at least one RDBMS or SQL engine such as Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle or similar.
- Strong problem solving, database design and debugging/investigation skills.
- Strong ETL fundamentals and hands-on work experience building and deploying ETL processes.
- Hands-on work experience with core AWS services such as Redshift, S3, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda, SNS/SQS.
- Machine Learning capabilities and/or demonstrated experience in collaborating with a team of data scientists or data analysts.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to take ownership.
- Ability to wear multiple hats.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to have.
- Mortgage industry knowledge
We're glad you're interested in working at Gateless.