Job Posting August 11, 2021
Senior DevOps Engineer
Gateless, Inc, is changing how mortgages are done; More speed. More efficiency. More accuracy. Less manual work. Less mistakes. Less cost. We’re building a world class decisioning engine to enable higher level human problem solving.
Gateless’ new tech platform is revolutionizing the mortgage market in two ways; First, our AI Mortgage converts post-closing paperwork from labor-intensive, error-prone workflows into efficient, automated processes using the power of artificial intelligence. Second, we’re building a tech platform to build smart conditions and smart tasks for borrowers. Both efforts ensure less time spent identifying mortgage requirements and help to improve underwriter efficiency.
You’ll join a growing team of diverse, passionate tech professionals who are on a mission to change the mortgage industry. In this new role, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to help design, build and shape Gateless’ evolving corporate tech environment. We’re looking for a hands-on, experienced Senior Engineer who can think, design and execute across a broad set of tech disciplines and domains. If you’re interested in a predictable, mundane job with few surprises than this is not the role you are looking for.
We believe that open communication and effective teamwork can happen regardless of where you sit, and we’ll provide you with tools to make sure that happens.
About the Team
- We’re a small (but growing), scrappy bunch. We wear multiple hats and are constantly learning and improving.
- We’re remote, but not strangers. Good communication tools with regular usage and fun events like game nights keep us tight on a personal level.
- We collectively put team over self, lifting us all up to our greatest potential and beyond.
About the Role
- Engineer Gateless’s observability and DevOps tools, allowing easy access to metrics, logs and tracing.
- Design and implement infrastructure for resilience and compliance.
- Guide and assist engineers in their ability to diagnose problems in the application, and make tuning recommendations.
- Seek opportunities to continuously improve our architecture, operability, or capabilities.
- Be pragmatic in approaches to solving problems, realizing that sometimes “good enough” instead of “perfect” is OK. We would rather choose to iterate on “good enough”.
- You will work with Bash/Python/Java/Clojure and may also use other languages. You will work with a variety of tools, including but not limited to Terraform, Docker, and AWS native tools. We expect you to understand and use the best options for the job, making new recommendations where appropriate.
- You will manage systems primarily in the cloud.
- You will have strong understanding of Linux and tools in the Linux ecosystem.
- You are given the autonomy and the responsibility to build systems that are scaleable, reliable, secure, and observable. You are not explicitly told how to do this, so you must be willing to do it properly asking questions when needed.
- Leverages CI/CD concepts as second nature.
- Experience with Data Science and Model Training a plus.
- Lives by Infrastructure/Config as code philosophy.
- Loves complex distributed systems and understanding how these systems work in a holistic fashion.
- Experience with cloud architectures (Azure, AWS), cloud-native platforms, containers, and working with container orchestration frameworks.
- AWS ECS, RDS, SQS, DynamoDB, and S3 a plus
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (Java, Python, Go, Ruby or other equivalent languages).
- Python and/or Clojure a plus
- Deep experience with telemetry systems (Cloudwatch, Statsd, Prometheus, Graphite etc) and associated best practices.
- Deep experience with logging systems and concepts (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Splunk, etc).
- Strong communication skills, ideally in a “remote first” company
- Ability to see complex projects through to completion
We're glad you're interested in working at Gateless.